Website Design & Development
Taking pride in our craft
Building an effective website is no small challenge. It takes a blend of research, knowledge of what tools to use, a tenacity to solve problems, consistent work and a creative flair to craft winning websites, all of which take TIME to master – an all too elusive resource. Add in the many work & personal demands on our lives and anyone can be excused for letting their website dreams sit on the proverbial shelf and gather dust! Do any of the following sound familiar?
- “We’re a creative team that lacks the technical know-how to achieve what we want.”
- “If I had the time to build my own website I would, but I’m snowed under as it is.”
- “We’re so embarrassed at how dated our site is. It needs an entire overhaul.”
- “Our developer left and now we’re unable to log in, let alone update it.”
- “We’re a 501(c)3 that needs a new website and updated branding. Where do we begin?”
If any of these resonated with you, read on! Desert Wing Design, is a Tucson based website development team with a caring heart and a focus on cultivating partnerships that will be successful long into the future. Our dedicated team’s core values include TRUSTWORTHINESS, DEPENDABILITY, and QUALITY, all of which enable us to over-deliver on what we promise and to go on doing so long after each website’s been successfully launched. So, partner with Desert Wing Design, and allow us to prove to you how we can become the invaluable extension of your organizational structure so that we may both make ‘High Flying Digital Solutions‘ a daily reality.
Our Website Toolkit
Quality tools for lasting results
We have chosen WordPress because we believe it’s the optimal client solution for the following 8 reasons:
1. POPULARITY – In Jan 2021, 39.9% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. It also dominates the list of content management systems, with over 64% market share. A few notable WordPress sites include: Zoom, Etsy, The White House, & The New Yorker.
2. SCALABILITY & FUNCTIONALITY – If you want complete control on every aspect of your website and online presence, WordPress enables this. It can be used to build any kind of website, from an eCommerce store, to community forums, a social network, a membership website, personal website and more.
3. PORTABILITY – A WordPress site can be moved to a new website hosting company with little downtime.
4. OPEN SOURCE CODE – WordPress’ code is ‘Open Source’ meaning the source code is available to anyone to study, change and redistribute. It can be improved and security loop holes fixed quickly.
5. CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CMS) – A CMS is a software application that allows users to build and manage a website without having to code it from scratch. The WordPress CMS also allows website redesigns and content changes to be made faster and easier, without needing to edit the code directly.
6. SEO INTEGRATION – WordPress is particularly good at promoting SEO best practices. Users can optimize their content and keywords, to make it easier for search engines to crawl and ultimately rank the content.
7. EASE OF USE – In 2018 Desert Wing Design began using the Elementor page builder plugin. This decision has enhanced our capacity to deliver quality websites that clients can then learn how to edit after the site has gone live.
8. RESPONSIVENESS – Elementor, used on over 4.5million websites, allows Desert Wing Design to specify how content is displayed on different sized screens, ensuring each site is ‘fully responsive’ that looks equally good on desktops, tablets and mobile devices.
An array of software solutions
Our Website Development Process
We use a proven 6-step process when crafting custom websites.
● We’ll meet with you to to define your new site content & functionality requirements. ● We’ll follow up with a Sitemap, which is diagram of the proposed website page structure, a Wireframe which is a visual guide that represents the skeletal framework of your website, & a Timeline for your approval.
● We’ll define and collect the color scheme, design elements, fonts and images which truly capture the unique essence of your brand to create a mood board which will guide your theme look and feel. ● Logo design, Artwork & Brand Guide are available as optional add-on services.
We’ll collect the written content you’ve prepared and any visual elements (images, graphics etc) to use on your new website. Additional copywriting services are available if required.
We’ll create your custom website as per the approved Sitemap (see Step 1), ensuring it is fully
responsive (ie it functions well on mobile, tablet and desktop devices), and is also search engine friendly.
Revision, Testing & Approval
We’ll provide you with a private version of the 1st draft of your new website, and receive your feedback to make revisions. You’ll then be given a final opportunity to make a 2nd, and final round of revisions and then perform testing before final approval is received.
After buildout is complete we’ll launch your new website, and ensure Google Analytics is installed to track ongoing site statistics. We’ll undertake site post-launch testing, and celebrate with you the “birth” of your new website.
Our Website Support & Maintenance Plans
Giving you freedom to focus elsewhere
So your shiny new website is live, what next? Well, we’ve got you covered. Every site we build comes with 60 days of complimentary Silver Wings Support. Thereafter you get to choose which one of our Care Plans will most suit your ongoing needs on a month by month basis. Visit our website Maintenance & Support page for full details.
Google Review - Jan 2021